1) weaned and fed a Balanced Feed Ration for a minimum of 60 days
2) trained to eat feed from a bunk and drink water from a trough
3) dehorned and healed
4) castrated at least 45 days before the sale and healed
5) heifers must be open
6) treated for grubs and lice according to label recommendations for time of year
7) dewormed a maximum of 60 days before the sale
8) vaccinated for Clostridia (7 or 8 way)
9) vaccinated for IBR, PI3, BVD, and BRSV (booster injection must be modified live vaccine
10) vaccinated for Manheimia Haemoltica (Pasteurella)
11) second shot completed no later than 2 weeks prior to sale, or no more than 100 days prior to sale
If you have questions regarding vaccines, contact Bill Bryan at 423-605-0561or Doug Bramlett at 770-547-9851.
The Red Carpet Cattlemen's can sell loads from sole producers under the guidelines of your choice. Please contact Bill Bryan at 423-605-0561 if you have questions.
Red Carpet members can sell their calves through the Association at any time during the year. When members sell their calves at the weekly sale at the Athens Stockyard held every Tuesday or at one of their pre-conditioned sales, they will pay the normal sale bill set by the stockyard and the association will receive $1.00/head sold from the stockyard.
If calves are sold in composite loads or full loads, the sale bill is $15/calf plus the beef check off. We sell loads and partial loads throughout the year. Most of our local sales are between the months of July and November at the Gordon County Agricultural Service Center, 1282 GA-53 Spur, Calhoun, GA. Tele-auction sales for our local producers are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from July through November. After the sale, the producers will be notified of a delivery date, and the calves will be trucked by the producer to the Northwest Georgia Livestock Pavilion where they will be grouped and loaded onto trucks.
If a producer has a full load and loading facilities on their farm, trucking can be arranged for the calves to be picked up there.
If you have questions about selling your calves through the association, please contact Bill Bryan at 423-605-0561 or Doug Bramlett at 770-547-9851.